Maggie LbNA # 10557
|Placed Date||Sep 16 2007|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Found By||MovieBuffs |
|Last Update||May 17 2014 |
Maggie can be spotted all over Colorado. In case you haven't noticed her, here's a place to find her.
Terrain: Easy. Less than a mile to the box over mostly level paths. Some easy climbing to the box.
Clues: Fairly easy but somewhat vague...
Directions: Reach Ute Valley Park by taking the Woodman or Rockrimmon Exits off I-25. Follow Rockrimmon to the intersection of Vindicator and head west. The parking lot for Ute Valley Park will be on your left past the school.
Clues: Follow the clues for SOC#2 Hairstreak Butterfly. Return to the spot where you started your paces. From here, note a large ridge of rock in the distance at 170*. Make your way here by following the winding paths through the park. Walk to the end of the ridge and climb up into a sort of lookout tower. From here, look through the trees to find a large boulder due south about 80 paces away. Go there. Climb up next to it and look down at about 140* to a large red sandstone rock. Next to this is a smaller flat red rock that hides the prize.
- No inkpad or pencil in the box, make sure you bring your own.
- These clues are intentionally vague. If you don't like them, please choose another box.
- Though Ute Valley Park is in a somewhat settled area and we've never seen any big animals here, bears, coyotes and even mountain lions have been reported, use good judgment. As with nearly anywhere in Colorado, watch for rattlesnakes.
- There is a nearby geocache; if you find any geocache related items in this letterbox, please remove them to help avoid confusion.
- Please do not ask me for additional hints without offering a bribe of unpublished clues, hitchhikers, etc.
- Please email me with notes about the box: firstname.lastname@example.org.