Box of the Century LbNA # 13039
|Placed Date||Jan 8 2005|
On Jan 8, 2005, the HappyDays, Letterboxing Richters and Ryan&Allison (newly named WyldBlueberries) all reached f100 together when we found the Buc's Ranger Rick box.
To commemorate the occasion, we placed this box nearby.
Directions to the trailhead:
Take Highway 96 to the Woodlawn Exit. Go south about 2 blocks to the Great Plains Nature Center, 6232
E. 29th Street, just west of the corner of 29th and Woodlawn.
Directions to box:
- Enter the trail near the metal gazebo across from the nature center. Walk past the sign that says "Chisholm Creek Trail".
- Walk across the wooden bridges and boardwalk.
- After you cross the small lake, stay on the concrete path with wooden handrails.
- When the path hits a dead end, take the yellow path to the right.
- Stay on the path until you hit a four-way fork in the trails. (There is a concrete bench and wooden bridge ahead of you, don't go that way.) Take the yellow path to the right.
- Walk 160 paces from the fork in the trail.
- There is a large hedge tree on the right about 10 paces off the trail. The box is hidden in a crevice on the back of this tree about 3 feet off the ground, under a rock.