Strawberry Fields Forever LbNA # 13072
|Placed Date||Jan 14 2005|
|Last Update||Jun 28 2009|
Terrain Difficulty: Easy (flat, 100 yards RT)
Recommended Ink: green & red
Status: reported missing (9/4/11)
The town of Pasadena, TX was founded in 1893 by John H. Burnett of Galveston, and because of its lush vegetation the site was named for Pasadena, California. After the Galveston hurricane of 1900 Clara Barton, of the American Red Cross, purchased 1.5 million strawberry plants for Gulf Coast farmers and Pasadena quickly established itself as the strawberry capital of the region. Other industries eventually replaced strawberries, but Pasadena honors its heritage by holding a Strawberry Festival at the Fairgrounds every Spring and by naming a street and park after the sweet fruit. So come to Strawberry Park to play where strawberries once grew and look for this microbox.
From Houston, take I45 south to College Ave/Airport Blvd exit near Hobby airport and go left (east) under I45 on College Ave. After about 1 mile the road changes name to Spencer Hwy, and after almost 4 miles turn left on Strawberry Road. Go about .2 mile and turn left into Strawberry Park and park by the tennis courts.
Go through the gate on the left side of the tennis courts and walk on the sidewalk for about 100 steps to the 3rd short sidewalk on the right. Turn right and walk to the locked gate behind court #5. Crouch down, turn left and take two steps along the fence behind the bushes to the second bush. The camo microbox is within the trunk under sticks, leaves and a rock. Please be discreet and re-cover well.