The Owl and the Hare LbNA # 14116
|Owner||Paw Paw and Granny |
|Placed Date||Mar 27 2005|
|Location||Stone Mountain, GA|
|Found By||Swimlaxbugs |
|Last Update||Mar 9 2014 |
The Owl and the Hare
* Off the road around Stone Mountain between the overpass and the playground, there is a special hiding place for the wise and the fleet of foot. The Nature Garden/Trail is a beautiful wood chip trail that winds its way through azaleas, rhododendron, and other beautiful flowers, shrubs and trees. It leads you beside babbling creeks with sneak-peeks at the mountain. Begin by crossing a wooden bridge behind the information kiosk at the trailhead.
* A little way down the trail, you cross a creek on (sometimes slippery) rocks. There you will find a two-headed tree and a large rock. From the tree, walk about 45 steps up the hill on a bearing 160 degrees where you will find several trees wearing moss slippers. At the base of one of them, under some rocks you will find what you seek.
* After you rehide the box better than you found it, go back to the green trail and turn right up the hill with the creek on your left. At the intersection of the green trail and the orange trail, stay on the green trail. Stop along the way to read the material at the teaching stations. On the trail, there are 100 year old trees, rocks to explore and places to play in the creek. You may walk ½ mile before you come to a wooden bridge.
* Just after you cross the bridge, take the short walk to the left and rest a few minutes with Sam Nuckolls. This is a peaceful spot. Sit with Sam between your knees. About 5 feet behind you is an evergreen. On the backside under woodland debris and a large triangular rock, the wise one awaits. Please cover the triangular rock well before you leave.
* Happy Trails,
* Gardening Granny and Paw Paw
** Small advertisement **
Chocolate, a drive-by, is just a short way down the road near the playground.