Crosseyed Cricket LbNA # 15527
|Owner||Quilter & Traveler|
|Placed Date||Jun 1 2005|
|Location||Lenoir City, TN|
|Last Found||Dec 14 2011|
Brown,green and blue ink pads would be attractive with this stamp.
Difficulty: easy, practically a drive-by
If you are coming from I-40:
1. Take Exit 364 and turn toward Oak Ridge.
2. Go 1/8 (one eighth) mile and turn Left at The Crosseyed Cricket billboard.
3. Go 1/8 mile and turn Left on Paw-Paw Plains Road.
4. Go 1 1/2 miles to The Crosseyed Cricket.
If you are coming from I-75:
1. Take Exit 81 and turn toward Oak Ridge.
2. Go 5 miles and pass under I-40.
3. Go 1/8 (one eighth) mile further and turn Left at The Crosseyed Cricket billboard.
4. Go 1/8 mile and turn Left on Paw-Paw Plains Road.
5. Go 1 and 1/2 miles to The Crosseyed Cricket.
When you pass the Paw-Paw Plains Baptist Church, you know you're getting close. Turn right into the parking lot where you see the sign "RV Campground Registration". Instead of walking toward the Registration, go right across either of the small wooden bridges and stay on the path to the log cabin on your right. Walk past the cabin and take the path to the open shelter where a fishing pier extends out over the water. There is a very large log support on the left just before the platform and the steps up to the fishing pier. Beside this support, under an old piece of wood, Cricket is hiding.
The Grist Mill and the restaurant are, sadly, no longer operating. But the campground is open and healthy.