Texas Passport Series #5-Florence LbNA # 17474
|Owner||Bloomin' Gramma Jo |
|Placed Date||Aug 17 2005|
|Found By||topcrop |
|Last Update||Nov 2 2014 |
CLUES UPDATED AND BOX ALIVE & WELL AS OF AUG 8, 2012
Originally planted by catpawz2004 and adopted in August 2009 by Bloomin' Gramma Jo.
The origin of this town's name is uncertain. It might refer to a town in Alabama or perhaps to the daughter of the town's first merchant. Settled in the early 1850's, it had many stores, churches, a stone quarry, a college, and a cheese factory, all before the end of the century.
The box is located in the city cemetary. Take FM 195 south through town, and turn left at 2nd Street. The cemetary is at the intersection of 2nd and Preslar. Once you get to the cemetary, follow the main dirt road. Turn right at the first opportunity. There's a Hall on the right. Park here. Walk left to pay tribute to Mildred Gardner. The box is located behind the base of Miss Gardner's headstone.
As with any box located in a cemetary, please show appropriate respect for the surroundings.