Friend Of Winsted (Part 2) LbNA # 19379
|Placed Date||Oct 21 2005|
|Planted By||Patriotic Girl|
|Found By||Rock Island|
|Last Found||Mar 23 2016|
This is the 2nd. part of this series--
(Hint some businesses may have maps for this series that will actually show you where the places of businesses are.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT WINSTED
Litchfield County Hospital opened in 1902. This 32 bewd facility charged $7 a week and $15 a week for a private room. In 1957 the name was changed to Winsted Memorial Hospital.
Highland Lake covers 489 acres. The first cottage was a log cabin built on Third Bay in the 1880`s by Dr. Theodore F. Wolfe.
Dr. Thomas Wolf, a resident of Highland Lake, discovered Indian artifacts near Sucker Bay. His research indicated there was a summer encampment of Native Americans in the area.
In 1898, Daniel Colt, came to Winsted from Derby and opened a store in the West End. The colt family still operates a formal wear and tailor shop on Main St.
CLUES FOR THE BOXES:
Mobil (in the center of town) Ask for the box
Hair Too -- Ask for the box
Kellie`s Kitchen -- On top of bakery counter.
Winsted Pawn -- Ask for the box
McGurk`s Pub -- After locating the dumpster look under a lattice cubby hole behind a rock.
Winsted News Co. -- Look on top of coke machine