Leader of the Pack LbNA # 22303 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Mar 17 2006|
|Location||Dade City, FL|
Clue Difficulty: Easy
Terrain: Easy, kids welcome
WITHLACOOCHEE RIVER PARK
12449 Withlacoochee Blvd., Dade City
Open from Dawn to Dusk (408.0 Acres)
Admission is Free!!
Canoe Access, Tent Camping, Fishing Pier & Access, Nature & Interpretive Trails, Picnic Area & Shelters, Playground, and Rest Rooms.
How many different species of animals can you spot? We spotted Gopher Tortisises, Woodpeckers, 3 different species of lizards, fish,gators and many types of Birds.
Once in the park follow signs to the second parking area. Enter the walkway @ the no bicycle sign (near rest rooms)
2. at fork in sidewalk stay straight, bear right toward nature trail sign. (appox 75 steps)
3. At next fork take path to the left (follow boardwalk sign)
4. Take tarred trail to the left. At curve go on to the beaten path, at pole between two crosses take path to the right.
5. Follow path to the Creek Village sign to your left. Enjoy the Village.
6. Now go under the canapy to the right of the cook lodge/winter lodge, follow the path to the right. At water spicket bear left through the canapy of Oaks, Let "God" guide you to your next clue.
7.Go inside and see the beautiful Church. From the left of the church (looking out the front door)locate the triangle where the Chief is the vertex and the angles are behind crosses.
8. While sitting on the bench and enjoying the sounds of nature, locate the point of the left angle and you will enjoy our "Pack".
This box was planted as a CubScout project so please be kind and replace it where you found it so the boys can go back and see if their clues worked. If you find it is missing please email me @ email@example.com
Akela Enright and Cub Scout pack 301, Dade City, Fl 33525
The Withlacoochee River County Park is home to a Mother's Day POW POW, enjoy the unique park and make sure you get to the Fire Tower, What a view.