Footprints in the Sand LbNA # 23076
|Owner||Sophie & Me|
|Placed Date||Jun 17 2006|
|Found By||Anna Banana (Attempted)|
|Last Update||Jul 20 2014|
PLEASE BE DISCREET AND RESEAL AND REHIDE THIS BOX CAREFULLY!
*There have been reports of poison ivy close to the hiding place of the box, so search with caution!
Please read the story below....
Footprints in the Sand
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walKing along the beach with the Lord. AcrOss the sky flasHed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One beLonging to him and the othEr to the LoRd.
When the last scene of His life flAshed before Him, He looked back at the footpriNts in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life theRe was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it hAppened at the very lowEst and saddest times of His life.
This really bothered him and he queStioned the Lord abouT it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd wAlk with me all the way. But I have noTiced that during the most troublesome timEs in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied, "my Precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leAve you! During your times of trial and suffeRing when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
(Notice anything unusual about the some of the words in the story? The name of the park where this box is placed is hidden in the story!)
Once you have figured out the general location, follow the rest of the clues….
1. Park your car at the nature center parking lot.
2. Head north on the cord walk towards the North Beach area.
3. Cross the North Beach parking lot and continue north on the trail marked with a big, white rock.
4. Walk on this trail until you reach a telephone pole.
5. From the telephone pole, walk 55 paces further.
6. Look for a quartet of moss-covered logs to your left, about 15 paces off the path.
Now sit and rest on the logs for a moment, and enjoy the serenity of this area! Marvel at how quiet and peaceful it is, and how all you can hear are the waves from the beach!
7. Look in a northwest direction and spot an old birch tree log about 8 paces from where you are sitting. The letterbox is hidden under the middle section of this log!
After you have stamped up, head back to the lot you parked at by walking south down the beach. This will give you a chance to meditate on the message in the story as well as giving you a different view of the park!
We hope you have enjoyed this letterbox search! Please keep us updated as to the condition of the box!
-Sophie and Me