Sandy Hook Park LbNA # 25362
|Placed Date||Sep 7 2006|
|Found By||Front Range Hiker|
|Last Update||Jul 27 2010|
Sandy Hook Park in Parma, OH
Equipment Needed: Bug spray, Letterboxing equipment
Time 15-20 minutes
Take I-77 to Wallings Road (head west). Cross over Broadview Road, Turn right on State Road. Watch on your left, you will be taking Sandy Hook Road.
After turning on Sandy Hook Road, pass Woodbury Hills Drive on your left. The park is the next road on your right. Look for the red, white, and blue playground equipment.
1. Park at the end of the road. Walk to the playground and stand at the right front corner of the square.
2. Go 15° into the woods on the path. Go left, following the path past the tree on your left that has a stump sticking out of it.
3. Go up the hill and turn left when the path branches. You will be heading downhill in a Southeast direction.
4. Watch carefully in your path. You will see a large rock jutting out of the path on the right hand side. Go stand on this rock.
5. Turn left heading off the path southward towards the park. Stop in front of the second downed tree (you just stepped over one).
6. Turn right and follow this downed tree downhill to its stump. Look under the rocks and debris!
Please contact me when you find this LB and give me a status update! Thanks!