Quarry Rock LbNA # 25857
|Owner||Travel'n Turtle |
|Placed Date||Sep 26 2006|
|Found By||MickeyMouse |
|Last Update||Mar 9 2013 |
Equipment Needed: Letterboxing equipment, stamp pad (no ink pad here)
Time: 20 minutes
Take US-422 to OH-91 Som Center Road. Take a right onto Som Center Road, then turn left on Solon Road. Take this right past Liberty Road (on right); the entrance to Quarry Rock Picnic Area is on your left. Park in the last parking lot.
1. From the parking lot take the paved trail West past the picnic tables to the river overlook. Pretty, isn’t it?
2. Once you’re finished admiring the view go Northeast towards the rocky cliffs. When you reach the path, turn left, heading South.
3. The trail will head downhill to the Chagrin River. Follow it to the bottom.
4. Make your way carefully along the rocky “shore” until you see twin trees on your right. Doesn’t that green rock on the other side of the river at 340° look like a big green turtle? (She’s looking at the Quarry Rock letterbox).
5. From the twin trees take 5 single-stepped paces up the path that climbs up the trail. You will be heading between a pine tree on your left and a tree with roots anchored to a rock on the right.
6. Stop between these trees and turn left going in front of the large rock, not over it. Hidden below this rock in a deep crevice is the Quarry Rock letterbox the green (Travel’n) Turtle was standing sentry over. It is under some leaf litter and two rocks. Please cover it well and replace the rocks in this exact spot when you are finished!
Please contact me when you find this LB and give me a status update! Thanks!