Woodland Squirrel LbNA # 25903
|Placed Date||Sep 29 2006|
|Location||Middleburg Heights, OH|
|Last Found||Sep 7 2015|
Equipment Needed: Letterboxing equipment, bug spray
Time: 1 hour
Take I-71 to Pearl Road. Go north on Pearl Road, then left on Fowles Road. Left on Big Creek Parkway and park on your right in front of Lake Isaac Waterfowl Sanctuary.
1. From parking lot, as you face the lake, head right or north past the “frog” post letting you know that you’re on the Lake Isaac trail which is a loop.
2. Go over the wooden bridge and past the Meadow bunny. You will pass under power lines and head into the woods past another “frog” post.
3. Once you enter the woods go straight past the nifty Forked tree. Follow the frog (sit if you’d like first). You will go through a clearing. Look up; there are power lines over head. Pass through the Willow sentries back into the woods.
4. Walk to the bench. From the bench continue up the path 34 single-stepped paces. Enter the woods on your left at the pile of fallen logs. The twin-trunked tree you seek is straight in front of you at 320°.
5. If you have a large party, this is a good time to separate. Only one or two need to go in the woods, the rest can wait on the bench.
6. Go 22 single-stepped paces to get to this tree. If you’re at the correct tree you will notice a dead branch coming out of this tree and barbed-wire jutting out of the other side where a fence once stood. Inside the log, just below the tree is letterbox. Bring it back to the bench and stamp in!
7. After you replaced the box (very carefully) follow the trail the direction you were heading. Turn right at the fork and continue back to your car.
Please contact me when you find this LB and give me a status update! Thanks!