Chagrin River Polo Field LbNA # 25957
|Placed Date||Oct 1 2006|
|Location||Moreland Hills, OH|
|Found By||teahaus (Attempted)|
|Last Update||Apr 3 2015|
Old Field Parking area
South Chagrin Reservation
Across the street from 4060 Chagrin River Road, Moreland Hills, OH
Equipment Needed: Letterboxing equipment; pen and ink pad (none there)
Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Take US-422 East to Miles Road, Take it East towards Bedford Heights, North Randall. Take Chagrin River Road left. Cross over Chagrin Boulevard. Watch for the parking lot on your right hand side.
1. From the Old Field parking area head to the trail entering the field at Southeast. If you look to your right you will be following the Great Blue Heron Trail for a few awhile.
2. When it dead-ends in front of the Chagrin River, take it left. Watch out for horses (we planted during a Ride-a-Thon; neat but busy) and their little brown friends. The river is running on your right side. You’ll hear it even when you don’t see it. Admire it when you can, you’ll lose it before long.
3. Eventually you’ll head away from the river and up an incline into the woods. Soon you will come out of the woods and walk along side Chagrin River Road for a little bit; keep going. You will round a corner and run parallel to the Polo Fields (horse trailer parking lot). They will be on your left.
4. When you get to the trail post stop. If you look left towards the Polo Fields you will see a trail map; take a peek if you like. Notice the bathrooms back toward the road if you need them.
5. Now return to that trail post with the Great Blue Heron affixed to it. Enter the woods here; you will see a light trail leading into the woods a few paces down the trail. That big trail map should be behind you.
6. Walk to the reflecting pole. Kind of think they left this here for us; very weird. Go stand on the South side. Walk 22 single-stepped paces to 225° towards the river. The box is hidden behind a foot wide tree between its roots, under a rock and some sticks. It is a small round box. If you get stumped there is a tree next to it; towards the Polo Fields that has two trunks. A huge trunk and a little 2 inch side-kick.
Please contact me when you find this LB and give me a status update! Thanks!