Woodland Butterfly LbNA # 26112
|Placed Date||Oct 6 2006|
|Location||Willoughby Hills, OH|
|Last Update||Aug 27 2011|
North Chagrin Reservation
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
Equipment Needed: Letterboxing equipment
Time: 1 hour
Take US-422 East toward Warren/Erie PA. Take the I-271 Express Lane toward Erie PA. Take the Brainard Road/Cedar Road exit onto I-271 North. Take exit #36, Wilson Mills Road, turn Right on Wilson Mills Road. Then left on Som Center Road (OH-91). Then right into North Chagrin Reservation onto Sunset Lane. Turn left on Strawberry Lane. Park in the Strawberry Picnic Area.
1. From the parking lot, cross Strawberry Lane toward the Trail Map Kiosk. You will be heading down Scenic Loop Trail toward the light blue flower in a Southeast direction. Take a Right at the Dark Green Pine tree trail marker indicating that you are now on White Pine Loop Trail(1 mile long).
2. You will follow these green signs through the next trail intersection, and then a right where the sign sends you. You will pass under a twin-trunked tree leaning over the top of the path.
3. You will now come to the loop’s beginning. Take the path to the left, following it straight. You will come to a “Boardwalk in the Woods.” Follow this to the end; check out the overlook platform.
4. At the end of the Boardwalk you will see a bench. Take the trail behind the bench in a northerly direction towards the edge. Take this path right over the roots; don’t trip!
5. You will go down a dip in the path. From the lowest point go 15 single-stepped paces continuing up the path the direction you were heading. Look left to 320°, you will see a tree with a bent “knee” protruding from the right side. Behind the knee on the Northwest side the box hides under bark in a hole. Be careful with children near the drop off behind this tree.
6. When you are done stamping in, head back to the main path at the bench and continue around to finish the loop. Follow the red Exit signs back to your car.
Please contact me when you find this LB and give me a status update! Thanks!