Perry District Library LbNA # 31015 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||May 17 2007|
Exploration gateway at 5710 12th st.n.w.
Stark county district library perry branch
massillon, Ohio 44646
equipment: letterboxing stuff
good walking shoes
Driving directions: Going west on 12th street the sign for the NEW library is on your left. Not a local? Go to www.starklibrary.org for more extensive driving directions.
Park in a lot that is before you get up to the library. We hid our box here because we are very excited about our new library.
1. As you walk up to the library,on your right, you will see cement steps that descend just before reaching the front of the building. Take these steps down.
2. You arrive on a crushed gravel road. Take this to the right and you will walk away from the library, going past the parking lots.
3. On your left will be an old, small bridge hidden in the bushes..yes, you are going to cross it.
4. Across the bridge,take the trail to the left.
5. This trail will take you back in the direction of the library. It is also about the same distance back to the library. You will pass marshes and small bodies of water. I saw a deer as I was on this trail. He may know where the box is! stay straight on this trail and ahead you will see an eerie group of dead trees that stick up above the greenery. This is where you will look for your next trail.
6. A very small, unused trail is off to the left, here at these trees, just before the main trail veers to the right. Take this small trail to the left.
7. As you come to an open clearing you will get a nice view of Sippo lake and the library. As you glance at the library to your left you will see a lone tree surrounded by small thorny plants (sorry!) The box is behind the tree. Ducks Quack and Dogs "bark"
Enjoy the view and please contact me to let a novice know how she did in her first letterbox experience.