777 LbNA # 32771
|Placed Date||Jul 7 2007|
|Last Update||Jun 18 2009|
Enjoy Boulder's Beauty...
Hiking time: 7 minutes walking fast
Terrain: Moderate, trail can be muddy or icy
Puzzles: Moderate to Difficult for adults
Dust off your internet research skills. Each of the clues below refers to a word. Write out the letters of the word, even if the answer is a number.
1. The harbor over which one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World stood.
2. Ian Fleming named 007 after a person with this profession.
3. The 7th word of the song sung at the 7th inning stretch.
4. The last name of the assistant director of the 1954 movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."
5. Second lowest of the 7 summits.
6. 'Ticket to Ride' is the 7th song on this album.
7. Seven volcanoes are found under Vatnajokull Glacier in a country. Name the fissure that erupted in that country during Ben Franklin's lifetime.
8. Start with the number of the major highway heading west out of the capital city of the 7th state to enter the union. Subtract the numbers of the major highways heading west out of the capital cities of the 17th, 27th, 37th and 47th states to enter the union. Remove the last number. Flip the remaining two numbers and divide by 7.
9. City on the Dnieper with 7 bridges.
Read the last letter of each word. Unscramble the letters to find the name of the trail you will follow.
Park on the main road or a designated area. Start at the end of the trail that points toward Boulder Creek. Wend your way along the trail until you reach a 'Habitat Conservation Area' sign. When an opportune moment arrives, bushwack up the hill to the east. Find a 7' long buried boulder flush with the ground. From the nearest pine tree continue to the top of the rise to a cirque of boulders. WATCH OUT FOR POISON IVY!!! Poison ivy is the shiny, 3-leaved plant growing all around here. It will be red in the fall. You can approach this area without touching the poison ivy. Now look for a boulder with a solution pocket on top.
Make sure you are not observed from above. Look under the east side of the boulder to find 777 Letterbox. The plants growing here are not poison ivy.
Continue up the trail for more nice views or a bite to eat.
Watch for critters!