Scenic Valley Railroad LbNA # 32966
|Placed Date||Jul 14 2007|
The are many signs of the importance of railroads throughout the town of Boone. The Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad is a tribute to a lost era of transportation and a unique opportunity for many people today. The museum/historical society offers several types of train rides, including dinner trains, dessert trains, and more. See their website for more details.
Bring your own ink.
Level of terrain difficulty: easy
Time required after parking: 10 minutes.
From Hwy 30, head north on Story Street from the 4-way stop sign. You will travel quite a ways through the town of Boone. (Watch for signs directing you to the Boone & Scenic Valley RR.)
• From Story Street, head west on a street named after a double-digit prime number. Go west about six or seven blocks.
• Turn south on a street named after a president, William Henry ___________.
• You will enter the train station parking lot and park anywhere. Once on foot, head for Kate & Shelley's spot to lounge.
• Walk around to the south side of that place and see the set of 3 "wheels" on the east end which make it move.
• Now look up a little to the brace atop those "wheels" and find the numbers 1, 3, & 5. Facing the number 5, follow the chain up and away from the "wheels".
• Reach up and around to the origin of the chain to find your letterbox.