OBX Dreamin' LbNA # 35330
|Placed Date||Sep 20 2007|
|Last Found||Apr 27 2012|
My niece and I love going to the Outer Banks (OBX) of North Carolina every summer. Besides enjoying the beach, it's a family reunion because she lives in Marietta, GA and I live in Ashland, VA. It's not surprising that throughout the year we dream about our next OBX visit and so we created this letterbox in honor of the Outer Banks, NC.
This letterbox is hidden in a new park in Montpelier, VA, which, as of this time, hasn't been offically named but is called Montpelier Park by the local population.
From I-95: Take I-95 to the Ashland exit. Take Route 54W. After approximately 12 miles, (a Fas Mart is on left) Route 54 ends and becomes Route 33W. Continue approximately 2 miles to the intersection of Route 33 and Clazemont Road (Route 715).Turn left onto Clazemont Road and take first left. Go past the Library parking and park in the lot just past the Montpelier Center Building.
From I-295: Take I-295 to the Montpelier exit (Route 33 West). Go approximately 10 miles to the stop sign at the intersection of Route 33 and Route 54. Turn left at the stop sign. Continue approximately 2 miles to the intersection of Route 33 and Clazemont Road (Route 715). Turn left onto Clazemont Road and take the first left. Go past the Library parking and park in the lot just past the Montpelier Center Building.
1. Start at The Montpelier Center for Arts & Education sign at the back of the building and walk south until you see two handicapped parking signs close together.
2. Between them is an entrance to walking path. Take the path entrance and turn right on the walking path.
3. Ignore the first left turn.
4. At the second left turn you come to, look to your right. You’ll see an opening in the wood line to the right of the path. Go through the opening.
5. Walk toward the ball field, keeping the ball field on your right.
6. As you pass the ball field, look for a power box on an electrical pole.
7. At the power box pole, look to the left and find the path going into the woods.
8. Take the path and go approximately 20 paces.
9. You’ll see a fairly large tree with a large vine growing up the trunk directly in front of you.
10. To the left of the tree you will see several downed trees. Look for the box under the logs where they come together at a point.
After you're done, please reseal the bags, completely close the box and carefully re-hide it.