Pawnee Prairie LbNA # 372 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Apr 3 2003|
UPDATE FROM A GEOCACHER (09/04): Hi, Im a Geocacher and I found letter box and I think it got wash away I have move it out of the water and its at N 37.38.666 w 097.27.030
IF YOU FIND IT, PLEASE LET US KNOW!
CLUES CHANGED 7/1/03 From Hwy K-42 (Southwest Blvd) in Wichita, turn north on Tyler Rd. From Hwy 54/400 (Kellogg Ave) in Wichita, turn south on Tyler Rd. Pawnee Prairie Nature Center is at 2625 S. Tyler.
Take the trailhead of the "Nature Trail" by the nature center. Pace calibration: the bridge from the parking lot is 40 paces
1) From the sign of the beaver and deer, walk 1/3 mile without disturbing a single blade of grass
2) Follow the horses' lead and cross the "Big R"
3) Follow the trail along the cowskin toward the sunset
4) At the meeting of the ways, descend 25 paces and look left
5) The box is at the base of the woodpeckers' friend, under a strategically placed piece of bark. Please be sure to replace this cover when finished!
Watch out for briars, ticks, and snakes! Also, if at the park near sunset, keep your eyes open for white-tailed deer and other critters. They're beautiful!