Sports Fan LbNA # 38163 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Mar 5 2008|
|Location||Grants Pass, OR|
|Found By||Gilbertson Gang (Attempted) |
|Last Update||Jul 26 2014 |
This box was checked in April 2012. Please be discreet in finding and stamping.
This is an amazing park. Material donations and volunteer labor combined to produce this multi-purpose sports center on the scenic banks of the Rogue River. Baseball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, basketball, horseshoes, and fishing can all be found here. All Sports Park has been renamed Reinhart Volunteer Park, but most locals still refer to it as All Sports Park. From the freeway or highways, head toward town center. From 6th Street (a one-way),turn right onto Bridge Street. Turn left at Lincoln Road, which will bring you to the park entrance. Park at the American Legion field, or you can continue past the playgrounds and find several smaller parking areas.
Counting to Fifty, Babe in the Park, and A Boatnik Birthday are also nearby.
1. Begin at the larger playground. From the bottom of the tunnel slide, seek out the spot where Mr. Allen is posted on duty.
2. Now find a young boy who loves to swing, under the watchful eye of his parents. I mean, this kid is always swinging, rain or shine. I think he enjoys swinging even more than I do! Don't be afraid to wander around a bit, or you might be left stranded at the previous clue.
3. A short detour to the right will let you gander at the ducks, geese, and even an osprey nest high above center field. If you're as lucky as we were with our timing, you might even see an osprey eating its fish lunch. This is only one of the 1,584 reasons to enjoy this park.
4. Turtles delight all of us, spanning from pre-schoolers to grandparents. If it's a warm day, look carefully at the logs. ANOTHER one of the 1,584 reasons to love this place.
5. If you don't know why wetlands are important, this would be a good time to learn.
6. Do you suppose Ray the nature lover enjoyed fishing and bird-watching here? Birds may nest nearby.
7. Venture into the wild lands just beyond the distant blue peak.
8. You could get a real charge out of the rainbow colors at this post.
9. Here there is room to rest with your LOGbook.
PLEASE move away a bit to do your stamping. This can be a very popular place in nice weather.
OUR BOXES IN THIS PARK CONSTANTLY GO MISSING. PLEASE RE-HIDE CAREFULLY, COMPLETELY OUT OF SIGHT, WHEN NOBODY IS NEARBY.