FEB 09 2011 UPDATE: As new “owner” for the CLUE Series the maintenance status will be updated periodically. Currently the Maintenance Team (PaperTrail, PinkPanther, Claude White, The Nose, J&J in VA, and sewsewbizzy) sought all the Rooms, Suspects & Weapons on 2010DEC04. We did not have time/light enough to find the Solution – especially since we were missing the 3rd part of the clue. What we did find were the following Original Stamps – unless otherwise noted. Almost all log books were wet and moldy beyond repair.
Mr Boddy (found empty box)
Miss Scarlett missing
Mr Green missing
Colonel Mustard found
Mrs White maybe missing – although was found Apr 2010
Mrs Peacock found
It is my intention to replace all containers and logbooks – (if dry, prior books will remain), mount old & new stamps on foam core to preserve from breaking, re-carve new stamps for those that are missing, and update clues as necessary. It is expected that this project will be completed before December 2011.
The “Clue” Letterbox Series, Metro Richmond, Virginia, 24 Boxes Total
The game of Clue has rooms, weapons, and suspects. This series has stamps broken out into the general categories of rooms, weapons, and suspects, with each category hidden in one of three Richmond area parks.
The last stamp in each category series will have a clue that is taped onto the final box. You must write down the clue from the last box. These final clues are numbered, and when you have completed all category series, you will have the clues to the location of the solution stamps in a fourth park! Do not remove the clue that is taped to the final category series box! For the identity of the fourth park, you may need to do some research: ask locals, consult a Richmond map, check the Internet.
Much thanks to the following contributors:
Bobcat Crew, mlg, boxitup, D and Shoo, Daughter of the Old, Dominion, DrewClan, Itchy Butt Girls, Jolly G-Man, Ladybug,
lb_russell, Leader of the Pack, Mapsurfer, SpringChick, Irish
The Suspects – Powhite Park – 6 Boxes
Placed by: mlg and Boxitup
Date Placed: March 15, 2003
Difficulty: Easy. Approximately 1 hour.
COMPASS and INSECT REPELLENT recommended.
Powhite Park can only be reached by going westbound on Jahnke Road; you can't turn into the park from Jahnke's eastbound lanes. Powhite Park is directly across from the CJW Medical Center -- Chippenham Campus.
The old trail on left (nearest paved loop) is closed for regrowth. The new trail into park is on the right. It’s hard to see from the loop but it’s there.
Box #1 – Mr. Boddy
A mystery always has a dead body that starts off the chain of events, so the first order of business is to find the corpse.
1. After entering the trail, you will eventually will pass the corner of a chain link fence. After you pass the fence corner, you will come to a fork. Go left.
2. You will come to an area with a lot of rocks and boulders. Stand on a flat rock that is on the trail that is near a double-trunked tree on your left.
3. While standing on the rock, look through the trunks of the tree to see a large flat rock leaning on a smaller rock.. Mr. Boddy is lying underneath the large leaning rock. Rehide well with leaves.
Box #2 – Miss Scarlett
1. Go back to trail and continue. Two trails converge to one and the trail goes between a cut out tree (meaning a tree that was blocking the path but was cut to permit passage).
2. As you continue, take notice of trail on left going down hill but continue straight.
3. Soon you will see a fallen tree near another corner of a chain link fence.
4. As you face the base of the tree, the box is on the left about two feet from the base of the tree.
Box #3 – Mr. Green
1. Retrace your steps to the trail that goes down hill and go downhill.
2. After the path levels out, start looking for a huge fallen tree on your left with it’s base facing the trail. The base of this tree is about 8ft tall.
3. As you face the roots, go around the roots to the left. The box is under the tree right at the base of the tree trunk and root ball.
Box #4 – Colonel Mustard
1. Continue on the trail and cross the small wood slat bridge.
2. Right after the bridge, bear off to the left about 50°. You will pass a large manhole cover on your right and a swampy area on your left.
3. You will pass a rocky hill on your right.
4. Continue going straight you will come closer to the creek and to an area where the trees open up a bit and then pass under a fallen tree.
5. At fork (near another cut-out), take the right fork and go uphill.
6. Look for a large fallen tree about five feet from the trail on the right.
7. On the other side of the fallen tree, about five feet from the base will be your next box.
Box #5 – Mrs. White
1. Continue up the trail.
2. The trail makes several turns. At the next fork, take a left. To the right there will be a ramp that leads to a steep drop off.
3. Soon there will be another fork. Take a left and head uphill. You’ll pass another large fallen tree on left.
4. At T, go right.
5. At fork, where there is a large fallen tree in front of you, go right. Trail bends to the right.
6. At next fork, go left.
7. At next fork go right. Ignore next small trail to left.
8. When trail bends sharply to right, you’ll see a large tree stump about 10ft tall a short distance in the woods on the left.
9. You’ll eventually come to the top of the hill with the trail splitting. Go right.
10. You’ll come to a four-way intersection. It appears that the trail ahead is blocked by a fallen tree and the trail to the right is not well marked. So take a left at the four-way intersection.
11. At the next fork stop and look for a rock at 270°. Scarlett is under this rock behind a log. Toss some leaves around log so it doesn’t stand out.
Box #6 – Mrs. Peacock
1. Return to fork. Head south.
2. Go straight at fork. The right seems to drop off and the creek is seen in the distance.
3. Soon you will see two trees with holes in the bases on the right.
4. Trail bends to right and goes downhill.
5. Trail bends to left.
6. At fork there is a large tree standing in fork. Go right.
7. After a short distance, several trail converge. Keep right. Go down and up a ravine.
8. At 4-way, stay straight.
9. Cross bridge that you crossed earlier.
10. At fork go left and uphill.
11. Trail turns right at fence.
12. You will come to a bike bump. Cross over and continue on trail.
14. Where he fence comes to a corner, stop and turn right.
15. Look for a large fallen branch. On the left side about two feet from the end nearest the trail, is the final letterbox. TAPED TO THE INSIDE OF THIS BOX IS CLUE #2 TO A SET OF BOXES IN A FOURTH PARK CONTAINING THE STAMPS OF THE MURDERER, THE MURDER WEAPON, AND THE ROOM IN WHICH THE MURDER OCCURRED. MAKE SURE TO WRITE THIS CLUE DOWN IN YOUR NOTEBOOK.
14. To exit park continue going straight and stay to the left (trail makes one bend to the right).