Dells Mill 1864 LbNA # 40628
|Placed Date||May 10 2008|
9/1/2012 updated...box has been replanted
Box available whenever snow making it possible to find
In the late 1800’s this mill was a center of activity farmers coming to have their grain ground, travelers stopping for food and lodging, immigrants stopping for information. For the farmer and his family, the mill was more than a place of business for it also supplied a pleasant diversion from backbreaking labor. The Dells Mill operated as a flour and feed mill for over 100 years. This 1864 flourmill was water powered. The water from Bridge Creek was the only source of power ever used.
In 1894, the mill was purchased by the Clark family and has remained in their possession to this day. Stop by to visit with Mr. Clark and enjoy his civil war period presentation and museum. If you find him on a slow day he is delightful to talk with. Admission cost is $7 for adults and $3.50 for students. Open Daily 10am to 5pm
Clues:Travel back toward HWY 27 finding the School Building museum and park there. Remember the year of the school, the last digit. The back door (north side of building) Look to the pile of bricks counting that number against the building from the corner (hint has white paint on it)