Quilting Party LbNA # 42273
|Placed Date||Aug 4 2008|
|Last Edited||Sep 14 2015|
John Biggers was an African-American artist who created beautiful murals.
John Biggers (1924-2001)
The span of John Biggers' life encompasses some of the most tumultuous events in America's history: the Great Depression, World War II, and the Civil Rights Movement. Through it all, John Biggers sought to define a personal artistic style based upon a deep reverence for the blend of African and American cultures with which he lived. His beautiful murals can be found in various locations around the Houston area.
Quilting Party Letterbox Clues
1) 501 Texas Avenue, Downtown Houston
2) Inside Sesquencentennial Park
3) Follow the waterfall down to the base
4) Along the base of the waterfall you will see a set of red bricks that line the base of the waterfall.
5)Follow the red bricks to the lonf 2 1/2 feet high concrete bench.
6) Sit on the concrete bench, placing both feet on the red red bricks.
7)Behind you will be some small plants and brush.
8)Slide your hand down the back of the concrete bench directly inline with the red bricks.
9)There you will find the zip-locked stamp, book, and pen.
10)Instructions to the mural are inside...you are close.
The REAL challenge. How will you talk your way into getting to see the mural. It is possible. Can you do it?
Please blog your opinions about the mural at