Song of the Drinking Gourds LbNA # 42464
|Placed Date||Aug 4 2008|
John Biggers was an African-American artist who created beautiful murals.
John Biggers (1924-2001)
The span of John Biggers' life encompasses some of the most tumultuous events in America's history: the Great Depression, World War II, and the Civil Rights Movement. Through it all, John Biggers sought to define a personal artistic style based upon a deep reverence for the blend of African and American cultures with which he lived. His beautiful murals can be found in various locations around the Houston area.
1) 15108 Cullen St.
Tom Bass Park III
2) Look for the "greentop" tent
3) From the greentop tent, walk towrd the street.
4) Across the street you will see a "No Parking" sign. directly face the sign along the fence.
5) The second tree to your left along the fence will have the letterbox hidden inside the base, covered with sticks.
6) Further directions to the mural are inside the letterbox.
7. Please blog your opinions about the mural at
Learn more of John Biggers at http://www.coe.uh.edu/webscapes/biggers/index.htm
Thank You for your participation.