Making Baby Happy LbNA # 43783
|Owner||Forgetful 4 |
|Placed Date||Oct 3 2008|
|Found By||twoplustwo (Attempted) |
|Last Update||Apr 12 2012 |
This series was created to be stroller friendly and toddler friendly. My husband and I have spent many hours pushing a stroller while walking or running in this park. Only the last box contains a log book.
Big Creek Parkway is part of the Cleveland Metroparks System. This portion has picnic areas with pavilions, hiking trails, fishing in the creek.
Equipment Needed: ink pad, bug spray
From I-480 exit Ridge RD in Parma and travel south about 3/4 of a mile to Pearl Rd (RT 42). Go right (south) on Pearl Rd. Travel about a mile to Snow Rd and turn right (west) on Snow Rd. Travel about 1/2 mile and turn left on Big Creek Parkway. Continue straight (past the first road on the left) and you will come to a parking lot on the left, park here.
Note: All boxes accounted for as of 3/18/09.
1. Go south on the paved trail away from the swings and sandbox.
2. The paved path will split. One side heads up the hill with the road on the right and the other has the creek on the left. Head left towards the exercise equipment. Stop for a moment so the kids can climb on the medal bars like a balance beam.
3. Head through the gate. If you are lucky there are ducks just to the left in the creek.
4. On your left is a big viney tree. Take 11 paces (2 steps = 1 pace) and you'll come across a tree that looks like a Y.
5. Sing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” while you walk. Can you hear the baby crying? On your left is a stump with two cuts logs behind it. Check hear for “Crying Baby”.
6. Continue on down the path . You can take a rest on the bench while sticks are thrown into the river. After the bench is a dirt trail. We are staying on the nice paved path.
7. Up ahead is a very tall tree that is missing its insides. What is that smell? Is it the Baby's “diaper” or the old decaying log to the right of the tree. Lets check. Hopefully a diaper change will help make baby happy.
8. A verse of the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” will bring you in sight of a small clearing on the right. Maybe Baby is hungry for a “bottle?” At that back of the clearing is a fallen tree that splits into a Y. Check the roots.
9. Baby is still crying. Head up the path towards the left hand bend while trying to figure out what will make baby happy.
10. Before you reach the bend you will see a dirt/gravel trail that takes you back to the road. Past the trail looking up to the left is a three trunked tree near an old log. I hear a “rattle”. Maybe baby would like it. I think the noise is coming from the path side of the log.
11. Baby is starting to calm down. Lets head down the path and see what else we can find to pacify baby. On your left is a small dirt path that leads to a tree with a hole that goes all the way through. A rendition of “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” will bring you to a drainage pipe. The drainage pipe points to leaning tree. Check the base for a “soothie”.
12. Now that we've changed, feed, played with and binkyed Baby what is left? A stroller ride of course! Lets turn a round a head back the way came.
13. When you reach the dirt/gravel trail that leads to the road count out loud to 50. On your right there are two trees joined at the base. Each tree makes a Y. Check in the V to find Baby's “ride”. Make Baby Happy with a stroll back to your car.