Ladybug & Turtle Valentine 2009 LbNA # 45559
|Owner||y & p|
|Placed Date||Feb 8 2009|
|County||Virginia Beach city|
|Location||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Last Update||Nov 8 2014|
Corner of Princess Anne & Damn Neck Rds.
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
These letter boxes are a 2009 Valentine gift to our grandchildren who taught us about letter boxing.
*Bring compass and leave the same way as entering as it is very easy to get off trail.
*Steps = 20 adult steps with each foot being 1 step.
*Total distance to 2nd box and back out is approximately 1.5 miles – some paved path and some wood trail path – easy to medium difficulty walking.
1. From parking lot turn right, go to light and turn left on Princess Anne Rd.
2. Approx 2.1 miles turn right on Nimmo Pkwy
3. Approx .7 mi turn left on North Landing Rd, - go approx .4 mi. turn right into City parking lot across from Courthouse Drive
4. Park at the back on right side, enter paved trail on right
5. At the “Y” go left (East) to the 1st bench on right
6. Continue on passing 2nd bench until you come to “Y” – go left at 3rd bench
7. Continue on until crossing over the troll bridge bringing you to the dirt path and a “Y” between 2 trees, take path to the right (NW) – you will see an abandoned brick house at the end of the path
8. Walk to the left of the 3 trees in the yard ahead – after the 3rd tree walk through the clearing on left
9. Look for a tree with a red circle and go to the left
10. Come to a tree with “No Hunting” sign – go left over bridge to bench
11. At the end of the bridge take path to the left
12. Walk along creek to tree on left with hole at the bottom & orange paint marking on trunk
13. Go about 20 adult steps, stop and make a ¼ turn to your left
14. Leaving the path go to the 2nd fallen tree, on your left – under the “Y” of the tree that is closest to a tall spindle tree -“LADYBUG” will find her box!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now on to “TURTLE’S” box
1. Continue on same path - you will come to a small island of trees in the middle of the path - go to the left of the island
2. Continue on path until you come to the 5th large tree stump on right (look carefully as some stumps set back a little from path and 2 might be together)
3. At the 5th stump, look to the left – go to the trees on the hill - one will have a “Y” in it
4. Look to the left of the tree with the "Y" - look down and under a fallen tree at a sapling - “TURTLE” will find his box!!!!!!!!!!!!