Pirate Cave LbNA # 45601
|Placed Date||Oct 12 2008|
|Location||Hong Kong, INT|
|Found By||The Wandering B's|
|Last Found||Mar 30 2010|
This box might be hard to get on a crowded weekend because of how many visitors go to the cave. Try an early morning or weekday. Bring a flashlight if you want to explore the cave!
Yar; this is the dreaded Pirate Cheung Po Tsai. Follow this treasure map to find me booty, hidden in me cave.
1. From the ferry pier, turn right. Just past the 7-11, turn right when the road splits, following the road along the water.
2. Follow Tai Hing Tai Road, which will become Cheung Chau Sai Tai Road.
3. You’ll pass the large Cheung Chau Municipal Services Building on your left.
4. Walk the waterside Cheung Chau Sai Tai Road past restaurants, apartments, and lots of people.
5. Turn right at the “care village,” following the water.
6. From Tsan Tuen Road take steps on the left to an upper road (there will be a small ferry pier on your right). Take Cheung Po Chai Road (on your left) at the top, following signs for the cave.
7. Follow the trail as it winds up the small mountain.
8. Continue following signs to the cave. As you pass a picnic area (with public toilets), you’re almost there.
9. As the railing ends, a white arrow points down to the cave and several large boulder rocks block you from continuing. There is graffiti on your right. The box is in a hollowed-out hole in the boulder rock to the immediate left of the railing’s end.
10. Looking into the rock from the cave side (facing the paved trail you just walked down), you’ll see a vertical divider rock with a smaller rock wedged vertically to its left near the far-left edge of the large boulder rock.
11. Pull out the rock wedged over the blue-lidded cup. The cup is resting on a small ledge. You may want to sit a few paces away while logging the stamps so you don’t draw attention to the letterbox.
12. Please be very careful to replace the rocks holding the box up inside its hole!
13. Walk back the way you came, or return to the small ferry pier you passed in step 6 and take a fishing boat back to the main pier.
See also our other letterbox on this island.
For information when planning your trip, visit: