Aurantia Park Series #3 (Slanting Boulder) LbNA # 46668
|Placed Date||Apr 14 2009|
|Last Found||Mar 9 2010|
Slanting Boulder Box
*****NOTE: WATCH FOR SNAKES!!******* Rattlesnakes are common in this park, especially during warm weather. Walk with a "snake stick" and probe possible hiding areas with it. Make lots of noise as you walk and step onto rocks, not over them.
Finding Aurantia Park
In Redlands take the 210 West from the 10 fwy. Exit 5th street and go East (right.) Fifth street will become Greenspot Road. Pass the Stater Brothers shopping center. When the housing ends on the left hand side look for the sign for the park (also on the left hand side . ) It comes up quickly..if you miss it turn around and come back to it. The park is a combination of park, dog park, orange groves and natural area. A nice but possibly hot place for picnics!
• Start at the grassy area just north of the parking lot.
• Find the path that goes north along the dog park’s fence.
• Walk along this path to the north. You will cross another path on your way.
• When you reach the end of the path you are on, you will see two other paths going to the east and the west.
• Take the path that goes west (to the left), and follow it as it crosses the big wooden bridge.
• On the far side of the bridge, continue walking down the slope.
• At the bottom of the slope turn left and walk to the west.
• About 60 to 80 steps from the bridge you will see a large, slanting boulder on the right side of the path that rests against the hillside. CHECK FOR SNAKES!
• Behind the top of this boulder there is a pile of rocks. The letterbox is hidden under this pile of rocks.
This is one of four boxes placed by Den 9 Wolves from Cub Scout Pack 112. The boys made the stamps.