T'anks for our Freedom LbNA # 47902
|Placed Date||Jun 6 2009|
|Location||Calgary AB, ALB|
|Planted By||Blue J |
Sep 17 2010 |
T’ANKS for our Freedom
To celebrate Calgary's military history and the Military Museums of Calgary (Alberta), a letterbox has been placed on site.
All areas of the museum are open free to the public on Sunday, June 6th, the 65th anniversary of D-Day.
1. Inside the museum, to the right of the mural
2. Walk through the shop, towards the rising sun
3. Go through the sandbagged gate
4. U ... might walk the aisles
5. G ... you might be getting warm!
6. Just 1 before the other tanks, which are 446
7. Remember the TANKS you saw outside AT THE MILITARY MUSEUMS
8. Open up
1. The Military Museums is open every day from 9am to 4:30pm
2. BUT the letterbox area is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm (closed Wednesdays 11:30-1pm) and closed Statutory Holidays
3. This letterbox is hidden by BlueJay with permission
4. If you need assistance, please ask at the desk by the sandbags
5. There is a charge to go inside the Museum (except on June 6th) – but it's nominal and it’s worth it!