The Sand Dollar LbNA # 48990 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Jul 17 2009|
|Location||Myrtle Beach, SC|
|Found By||LaLuna (Attempted) |
|Last Update||Apr 8 2013 |
The Sand Dollar Letterbox
You will need to enter Myrtle Beach State Park.
Information you will need to know about the park.
Admissions: $4 adults; $2.50 SC seniors;
$1.50/ child age 6-15; Free for children 5 and younger.
Office Hours: M-Fr 8am-5pm; Sat-Sun 11 am-5pm
Days and Hours of Operation: Daily 6am-10pm, March through November
Daily 6am-8pm, December through February
LOCATION of Myrtle Beach State Park
• Driving Directions:
From Myrtle Beach: Drive 3 mi S. of downtown Myrtle Beach on Hwy Business 17. Look for park sign on the left.
1. Go to the trailhead of the Sculpted Oak Trail. You can park by the pier at the beach. A map can be found at this link along with a scavenger hunt
2. Walk along the trail. You will go over a “swampy” area with narrow platforms.
3. The first tree plate on your left will be a Laurel Oak.
4. At the Laurel Oak sign walk approximately 17 kid steps straight into the woods.
5. There will be a large three in front of you… take about five steps to the right.
6. There is a dead tree shaped like a Y.
7. You will find the letter box between the two branches that make the top of the Y.
8. ENJOY THE TRAIL!