Whooo's There? #1: Hedwig LbNA # 52179
|Owner||The Owlery Keeper |
|Placed Date||Jan 24 2010|
|Found By||Woodland Wanderer |
|Last Update||Apr 4 2013 |
I wanted my first letterboxing series to be absolutely magical, so I thought, what is more magical than the wonderful owls of Harry Potter? And, where indeed is a place more magical than the library, where books can take us anywhere? So that is why I chose to place my first 3 Letterboxes at the Standley Lake Library, located on 86th Avenue and Kipling Street.
1) Start at the flagpole in front of Standley Lake library facing due north
2) Head around the west side of the building until you find a single unique tree with 2 evergreen trees to the left and a bench to the right.
3) From here, continue walking north until you come to a brick wall and iron barred fence.
4) Roughly to the northeast are 5 trees where owls would love to roost. Head there.
5) In between the 2 largest trees is a small wall.
6) To the left of the wall under a bush and a rock is Whooo’s There #1: Hedwig.