Fern Cove LbNA # 52437
|Found By||Dulcimer Dame|
|Last Found||Oct 10 2010|
The Ethel Walker School was founded in 1911 by its namesake. It is an all girls’ day and boarding preparatory school that admits 6th graders through 12th graders and is nestled in the stunning Farmington Valley in Simsbury, Connecticut. The Ethel Walker School sits on hundreds of acres of meadows, hills, pastures, wetlands and bogs. The residents of the Town of Simsbury voted to preserve over 300 acres of this land in 2006 and purchased it from the school. This purchase allows its residents, Ethel Walker students and visitors the ability to enjoy the natural setting by hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding and bird watching. Please enjoy your letter boxing experience in these beautiful woods. There are 8 other letterboxes hidden in the Ethel Walker Woods, to find all of them print off rica123. Have fun!
The Ethel Walker School is located at 230 Bushy Hill Rd., Simsbury, CT. Please park in the parking area next to the Phelp’s House, next to the barns.
• Go to the back of the Ethel Walker barn
• Walk to the pond in the back of the barn
• When you see the path that leads to the woods take it
• Walk by the first trail that branches off on your right
• Follow the stone wall until you see another trail to the right
• The trail is between two boulders with a tree post on one side
• Start walking on the trail
• When you get to the “T”, turn left
• Walk between two tall woodpecker trees
• Go into the ferns beyond the large fallen tree
• Walk into the ferns and on the ground is a stump. The stump is aged, low to the ground and is next to two moss covered rocks
• Look in the stump; under some bark is your letterbox
• Please leave a note and then put the letterbox back the way you found it
When you are done please leave a note and then put the letterbox back the way you found it. Thanks!