Cowboy's Trial LbNA # 52439
|Found By||Dulcimer Dame|
|Last Found||Oct 10 2010|
The Ethel Walker School was founded in 1911 by its namesake. It is an all girls’ day and boarding preparatory school that admits 6th graders through 12th graders and is nestled in the stunning Farmington Valley in Simsbury, Connecticut. The Ethel Walker School sits on hundreds of acres of meadows, hills, pastures, wetlands and bogs. The residents of the Town of Simsbury voted to preserve over 300 acres of this land in 2006 and purchased it from the school. This purchase allows its residents, Ethel Walker students and visitors the ability to enjoy the natural setting by hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding and bird watching. Please enjoy your letter boxing experience in these beautiful woods. There are 8 other letterboxes hidden in the Ethel Walker Woods, to find all of them print off rica123. Have fun!
The Ethel Walker School is located at 230 Bushy Hill Rd., Simsbury, CT. Please park in the parking area next to the Phelp’s House, next to the barns.
• go to the back of the Ethel Walker Barn
• walk to the pond in back of the barn
• when you see the path leading into the woods, take it
• after you pass a sign for Wegner’s Meadow, look for a huge rock on the left
• go to it
• face away from the path and look for a HUGE tree
• go to it
• walk ahead to a smaller boulder
• once you get to it, stand on it
• look for a very fat but short log on your left
• go to it; it should have a huge hole for an animal
• walk towards the fence; there is a stump and part of a farm wagon in front, along with many metal pipes and farm tools
• turn left; you will see an old wagon and farm tool
• Walk to them
• under the front part of the wagon is your letter box
When you are done please leave a note and then put the letterbox back the way you found it. Thanks!