Gnarled Stump LbNA # 52440
|Found By||Dulcimer Dame|
|Last Found||Oct 10 2010|
The Ethel Walker School was founded in 1911 by its namesake. It is an all girls’ day and boarding preparatory school that admits 6th graders through 12th graders and is nestled in the stunning Farmington Valley in Simsbury, Connecticut. The Ethel Walker School sits on hundreds of acres of meadows, hills, pastures, wetlands and bogs. The residents of the Town of Simsbury voted to preserve over 300 acres of this land in 2006 and purchased it from the school. This purchase allows its residents, Ethel Walker students and visitors the ability to enjoy the natural setting by hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding and bird watching. Please enjoy your letter boxing experience in these beautiful woods. There are 8 other letterboxes hidden in the Ethel Walker Woods, to find all of them print off rica123. Have fun!
The Ethel Walker School is located at 230 Bushy Hill Rd., Simsbury, CT. Please park in the parking area next to the Phelp’s House, next to the barns.
• go to the back of the Ethel Walker barn
• walk to the pond in back of the barn
• look for a trail leading into the woods on the hill; take it
• Shortly after you pass a Wegner Meadow sign, there will be another path to the right
• once there, walk up the left side of the bank of the trail to the large tree
• Looking ahead, you will see many logs and plants; walk to them
• look for a big boulder and go to it
• there should be a large log behind it; go to the log
• sit on the log looking down hill
• You should see a huge stump; go to it
• on the other side of the log is a hole; there is your letterbox
When you are done please leave a note and then put the letterbox back the way you found it. Thanks!