Wizard's Tree LbNA # 52441
|Found By||whoooo's there???|
|Last Found||May 6 2012|
The Ethel Walker School was founded in 1911 by its namesake. It is an all girls’ day and boarding preparatory school that admits 6th graders through 12th graders and is nestled in the stunning Farmington Valley in Simsbury, Connecticut. The Ethel Walker School sits on hundreds of acres of meadows, hills, pastures, wetlands and bogs. The residents of the Town of Simsbury voted to preserve over 300 acres of this land in 2006 and purchased it from the school. This purchase allows its residents, Ethel Walker students and visitors the ability to enjoy the natural setting by hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding and bird watching. Please enjoy your letter boxing experience in these beautiful woods. There are 8 other letterboxes hidden in the Ethel Walker Woods, to find all of them print off rica123. Have fun!
The Ethel Walker School is located at 230 Bushy Hill Rd., Simsbury, CT. Please park in the parking area next to the Phelp’s House, next to the barns.
• go to the back of the Ethel Walker barn
• walk to the pond in the back of the barn
• look for a trail leading into the woods up a hill; take it
• after you pass a sign for Wegners Meadow, look for a big rock on the left
• after the big rock on the left, look for a collection of smaller rocks skirting a thin tree to the right; walk to them
• you will know you are there when you see what appears to be a path just before the little rocks
• on the left there will be a log and an uprooted tree dirt mound, go to them it is a birch tree sense you can still see the peeling bark
• with your right shoulder to the dirt mound, look straight ahead for a stump; go to it
• stand on the stump and look for a small tree that is missing bark and fairies growing houses
• Walk directly to the stump, go to its other side and look for a stump with moss and a bonsai tree growing out of it
• Go to to this stump, stand in front of the orange fungus and walk straight towards a huge fallen tree
• once on the path look for a wizard’s tree
• go to it
• walk around back
• hidden in a pocket is the letterbox
When you are done please leave a note and then put the letterbox back the way you found it. Thanks!