Dry Gully LbNA # 52442
|Found By||Bell Lady|
|Last Found||Jul 12 2010|
The Ethel Walker School was founded in 1911 by its namesake. It is an all girls’ day and boarding preparatory school that admits 6th graders through 12th graders and is nestled in the stunning Farmington Valley in Simsbury, Connecticut. The Ethel Walker School sits on hundreds of acres of meadows, hills, pastures, wetlands and bogs. The residents of the Town of Simsbury voted to preserve over 300 acres of this land in 2006 and purchased it from the school. This purchase allows its residents, Ethel Walker students and visitors the ability to enjoy the natural setting by hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding and bird watching. Please enjoy your letter boxing experience in these beautiful woods. There are 8 other letterboxes hidden in the Ethel Walker Woods, to find all of them print off rica123. Have fun!
The Ethel Walker School is located at 230 Bushy Hill Rd., Simsbury, CT. Please park in the parking area next to the Phelp’s House, next to the barns.
• start at the Ethel Walker barn
• go to the paved road that leads up a big hill in between two large fenced in fields
• once at the top of the hill, look for the “T”
• take the left side until you see a small building near a fence; it is an observatory
• with your back to the observatory, walk straight down the path until you find the vine across your path
• stand with your back to the vine and walk to the three rocked tree
• look straight ahead to the twisted half fallen tree; walk to it
• stand on the stump by a small log
• jump from the stump to the log and walk across it like a balance beam
• just before you run into the tree, turn left
• take 40 paces to the gully
• look left for a slanted log with rocks; behind it is a tall dead pine
• hidden under rocks under the log is your box
When you are done please leave a note and then put the letterbox back the way you found it. Thanks!