Little Women's Story Box LbNA # 52444
The Ethel Walker School was founded in 1911 by its namesake. It is an all girls’ day and boarding preparatory school that admits 6th graders through 12th graders and is nestled in the stunning Farmington Valley in Simsbury, Connecticut. The Ethel Walker School sits on hundreds of acres of meadows, hills, pastures, wetlands and bogs. The residents of the Town of Simsbury voted to preserve over 300 acres of this land in 2006 and purchased it from the school. This purchase allows its residents, Ethel Walker students and visitors the ability to enjoy the natural setting by hiking, cross country skiing, horseback riding and bird watching. Please enjoy your letter boxing experience in these beautiful woods. There are 8 other letterboxes hidden in the Ethel Walker Woods, to find all of them print off rica123. Have fun!
The Ethel Walker School is located at 230 Bushy Hill Rd., Simsbury, CT. Please park in the parking area next to the Phelp’s House, next to the barns.
Little Women’s Story Box
• walk out of the front doors of Beaver Brook and turn right
• walk to the “Secret Garden” stairs and go down
• turn left to get out
• find a bush by it and there you will see the C.S. Lewis “lamp post”
• follow the line of lamp posts
• at the end, look for the “Anna and the King’s” Siamese trees
• walk to the pine forest and follow the light
• walk around a big fir and locate the group of four trees
• there is a root in the ground; stand on it and walk as if you are on a balance beam to the wall
• just in front of you is a rock wall
• on the bottom, close to your feet, hidden by rocks is your box
• pull out one rock and some pine needles and there it is!!!
• Please replace as found