Miceli Series- The Green Fairy Flies to Devil's Ho LbNA # 54532
|Placed Date||Jul 13 2010|
|Location||East Haddam, CT|
Devil’s Hopyard State Park
366 Hopyard Road
East Haddam, CT 06423
From CT Route 9: take Exit 7, then a left at the end of the exit ramp onto CT Route 82 east/154 north. Take a right at the first traffic light following CT Route 82 east and follow the signs.
From Interstate 395: take Exit 80 west. Take a right onto CT Route 82 west. Take a right onto Hopyard Road and follow signs.
From I-91S: take Exit 22 for Route 9 South, Exit 7. Take a left at the end of the exit ramp onto CT Route 82 east/154 north. Take a right at the first traffic light following CT Route 82 east and follow the signs.
The Green Fairy Flies to Devil’s Hopyard
The Green Fairy is flying all across Connecticut to visit her friends.
Today she visited Devil’s Hopyard State Park to visit a bumblebee friend. When you find the Yellow Bumblebee’s house, there will be a letterbox as well as some fairy dust to sprinkle! Good luck!
This hike has some good hills and gets a little rocky at times. Don’t forget to stop at the falls!
Park at the picnic area on Hopyard Road by the covered wooden bridge.
• Walk through the covered bridge and follow the orange trail straight ahead.
• Pass through the fallen tree area, the stream will be running below on your right.
• Climb up the rocky, steep path.
• At the top, you’ll see a dead, barkless tree on your right.
• Turn toward the left (94 degrees East)and take 17 paces (1 pace equals 2 steps) toward the fern grotto.
• There will be a fallen tree at your feet.
• Look inside the tree on the right side next to a standing tree. The letterbox will be covered with bark and leaves.
Please email if there are any problems with the letterbox: email@example.com