Miceli Series- The Green Fairy Flies to Seven Fall LbNA # 55210
|Placed Date||Aug 18 2010|
Seven Falls Trail
Directions to Tunxis Trail
• From RT 9 South: Take Exit 10 (Aircraft Rd.) At end of ramp, take a right going south on Rt 154 for 0.8 miles to Seven Falls Park on the left side of the road.
The Green Fairy Flies to Seven Falls
The Green Fairy is flying all across Connecticut to visit her friends.
Today she visited Seven Falls to visit the Black Spider. When you find the Black Spider’s house, there will be a letterbox as well as some fairy dust to sprinkle! Good luck!
This hike gets rocky and steep at times, with crossings over 2 rivers/streams.
From the parking area, walk toward the waterfalls, keeping the river on your right.
• Cross over the waterfall, there are several areas to do this, we crossed up top where the falls were.
• Take a right onto the blue trail heading NE.
• Follow the blue blazes keeping the river on your right and powerlines to your left.
• You will come to a clearing with cut down trees. The trail will look like it ends here, but cross through the prickers and over the river rocks (this part is very tricky for young kids) and you will immediately see blue blazes to your right.
• Follow the blue blazes passing a giant “cube” rock perched on a hill to your right.
• Follow blue blazes into a field with powerlines and onto a gravel path for a few feet.
• Follow the blue blazes as they veer to the right of the gravel path and follow a wire fence. Watch the prickers!
• Keep straight on the path toward the huge rock formation ahead.
• Follow the blue blazed path as it goes to the right of the rock formation. (There are a few areas here where you can climb up the rock if you wish, and then come back to the blue trail)
• Keep following the trail, it becomes unmarked at this point. Follow a large curve to the right and follow the trail as it climbs up a steep hill to the left.
• Pass through the mountain laurels (squiggly trees).
• At the top of this hill, there will be a large rock that becomes part of the path, before you climb over the rock, go to the right side of the rock. At the base will be small dead limb. Look between the limb and the rock and see what the Green Fairy left! 41 degree 29’42”N 72 degrees 33’20”W
You can continue on the trail if you’d like, We hiked for about 45 minutes more along before heading back.
Please email if there are any problems with the letterbox: email@example.com