Father Of Rosenberg LbNA # 55964
|Placed Date||Oct 6 2010|
|Found By||Chrivid (Attempted)|
|Last Update||Nov 29 2014|
Terrain Difficulty: Easy (flat, 20 yards RT)
Recommended Ink: brown & gray
Richard T. Mulcahy came to Texas in 1883, and was the first man to build a large, substantial home in Rosenberg. In 1889 he helped start a school for the town and served as the first school board president. He later became mayor of Rosenberg and served two terms in the state legislature. He was also a member of several fraternal organizations, including Woodmen Of The World. The "Father Of Rosenberg" died in 1931 and was buried in the cemetery that he helped start. The cemetery was called Woodmen Of The World, but was later changed to Rosenberg Cemetery.
From Hwy 59, go north on Hwy 36 for 1.8 mile to Hwy 90. Continue straight on FM 723 for .2 mile to Avenue D. Turn left and go .2 mile to Rosenberg Cemetery on the right. Go through second entrance for .1 mile and park just before intersection.
Go to tombstone of Richard and Emma Mulcahy on east side of road between 2 multi-trunk trees (it has been reported that they are now stumps). Walk east 12 steps to a 2-trunk bush. Microbox is within trunk under a rock and leaves. Please be discreet and replace as described.