Whataburger LbNA # 60309 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Dec 21 2011|
|Location||Corpus Christi, TX|
|Found By||Pub Crawler|
|Last Found||Jan 13 2012|
|Last Edited||Sep 14 2015|
Terrain Difficulty: Easy (flat, 1 mile RT)
Recommended Ink: orange
On August 8, 1950, company founder Harmon Dobson opened his first Whataburger restaurant on Ayers Street in Corpus Christi. He had a simple goal, to serve a burger so big that it took two hands to hold and so good that with one bite customers would say, “What a burger!” He succeeded on both accounts and turned that one little burger stand into a legend known throughout Texas and the South. The original stand no longer exists, but you can find this box dedicated to it at nearby Hans Suter Wildlife Refuge.
From I37, go south on Hwy 358 and exit at Ennis Joslin Road. Go northeast on this road for 1.4 miles and turn right on Nile Drive into Hans Suter Wildlife Refuge and park on the right side.
Go right (south) on trail to Jct with surveillance sign. Continue about 150 yards where trail curves right at water's edge. Continue 30 steps and go right off trail 10 steps to 2 multi-trunk trees in front of a palm tree. Minibox is between the 2 trees under a rock and leaves. Please replace as described.