Two Camp  LbNA # 65145

OwnerSilver Eagle      
Placed DateJul 13 2013
CountyFort Bend
LocationHMNS at Sugar Land, Sugar Land, TX
Found By eevee
Last Found Mar 12 2017
Hike Distance?
Last EditedNov 4 2015

Terrain Difficulty: Easy (flat, 400 yards RT)
Recommended Ink: brown
Status: alive

The Imperial State Prison Farm, one of the first penal institutions owned by the State of Texas, opened in 1909 in the Imperial Sugar plantation. In 1930 the facility was renamed the Central State Prison Farm since it was the central farming and distribution point of agricultural goods from correctional facilities. Construction of the first modern brick structures in the Texas prison system began shortly after and a dormitory called Camp Two opened for operation in 1939. It was nicknamed “Two Camp” by residents and staff and eventually was converted into a warehouse. By 2008 the city and the state were conducting a joint study researching whether the TDCJ should close the Central Unit and sell the land and Sugar Land entered into a 50-year lease agreement with Houston Museum of Natural Science to restore Two Camp and turn it into a satellite museum. HMNS At Sugar Land opened on October 3, 2009 and it is a great place to visit.

From Hwy 59 go north on University Blvd for about 0.5 mile, turn left into HMNS at Sugar Land and park on the left.

Walk south across the grass under power lines to the sidewalk and go right. Continue until it bends right under the power lines near playground and go left up the grass slope to top of bridge. Go to a bush on the right side and minibox is behind it against the wall under a rock. Please replace as described and be discreet.