Hamp Hut Girl Scout letterbox LbNA # 65446
|Placed Date||Aug 6 2013|
|Location||Garden of the Gods Park, Colorado Springs, CO|
|Last Found||Jan 26 2015|
This is a very easy hike for Girl Scouts of all ages (and scouts at heart), taking no more than 20 minutes and staying close to the Hamp Hut property.
Don't forget your own ink and stamps!
1. Enter Garden of the Gods Park off 30th Street.
2. Follow Gateway Road and turn right onto Juniper Way Loop.
3. Go approximately 2 miles. The driveway gate to Hamp Hut is typically locked, so park at the Scottsman Picnic area on the left and hike to Hamp Hut, which is just South down Scotsman Trail about 3/10 of a mile.
4. At Hamp Hut, say the Girl Scout pledge and promise to stay on the trail.
5. From the Hamp Hut cabin, face the flagpole and take the trail to the right going away from the cabin.
6. Take 37 paces and cross the old creek bottom.
7. Head onto Buckskin Charlie Trail and go up and to the left.
8. The trail continues downhill and to the left through the "Valley of Prickly Pear Cactus."
9. At the fork in the trail, go left/straight onto Scotsman Trail.
10. The trail climbs up railroad tie "stairs." Keep going!
11. At the trail sign, turn left (West) going down Scotsman Trail.
12. You will come upon a stone bench on your right. Have a seat. Enjoy the view.
13. After you have rested, look under your seat for the treasure you seek. You may have to move some medium-sized stones.