Wesley Road Wetland Letterbox LbNA # 66834
|Placed Date||Apr 28 2014|
|Location||Wesley Road Wetland on Wesley Road off School Street, Unity, ME|
Sebasticook Regional Land Trust has a mission to recognize and conserve the rich wild and working landscape of Central Maine. We work with willing landowners to conserve the lands they love and the resources our community relies upon – clean water, family farms that provide local food and jobs, well-managed working forests, places to hunt, fish and recreate with our children.
Wesley Road Wetland is a 1.25 acre land parcel gifted to SRLT by the town of Unity. This forested wetland is amphibian breeding habitat and has also been designated as prime wood turtle habitat. With stream frontage on Sandy Stream, it is the perfect place to enjoy the sounds of spring.
• Turn off School Street onto Wesley Road.
• At the end of the street, you’ll see Sebasticook Regional Land Trust’s preserve sign.
• Walk in at the sign and go towards the wetland where the trees are wading and frogs are probably singing.
• With the water to your left, follow it down and around until Sandy Stream is on your right.
• Walk along Sandy Stream’s bank and you’ll eventually come across a huge downed tree, leaning into the stream.
• Look inside its hollowed center and you will find the letterbox and maybe a wood turtle, too!