Frisco Lake Park LbNA # 7269
|Placed Date||Feb 28 2004|
|Location||Church Street, Olathe, KS|
|Last Found||Apr 1 2006|
Frisco Lake park is a pleasant little city park located at 1100 E Dennis in Olathe, KS.
From I-35 South:
If you're heading South on I-35, it's super-easy: Just exit on Old Highway 56 and take the first right, which is Church street.
From I-35 North:
Heading North on I-35, you'll face a challenge. It's probably best to just exit I-35 at the K-7/US-169 exit and go North past the Great Mall of the Great Plains. Turn right on Old Highway 56 and go about half a mile until you turn left on Church street.
Entering the park:
Church street dead ends beside the park - you will see the small lake in front of you. If you want a short walk, turn left and park on your right. For a little longer walk turn right and park on the left.
In the park:
- Take the World Trail around to the West side of the lake.
- Walk out on the wooden fishing dock and stand against the middle of the rail.
- Face 250 degrees and look across the World Trail. You are facing the first in a row of evergreen trees hidden behind the hedge trees beside the path.
- Cross the path and begin walking down the row of evergreen trees.
- You will find the box at the base of the 18th full-sized evergreen tree in this row held in place by a concrete block.
Be sure and secure the box back in place with the block and cover with debris when you are done.