Clinton Lake #1 LbNA # 7704 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Apr 3 2004|
(7/2008: Sorry we're no longer to check or maintain our boxes. Check the latest status on LBNA prior to hunting it.)
08/10/2006: Checked and repaired. Now dry and in good shape.
Clinton Lake is a pretty Army Corps of Engineers lake in Western Lawrence, KS. You can find out more
about Clinton Lake at this web site: http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/clinton/clinton_home.htm
This box is located on the Northshore Trail in Overlook Park at Clinton Lake.
Difficulty: requires a 1/4 mile round trip walk on rocky, woodsy mulched trails.
Compass required: yes
Directions to trailhead:
- Drive West on K-10 through Lawrence. It will turn into Clinton Parkway at US59 (Iowa St.).
- Turn right when Clinton Parkway dead-ends into E900 (about a mile west of Wakarusa).
- Turn left on N1402
- Drive past the visitor center and through the gates of Overlook Park.
- After going through the gates, there will be a sign that says "trailhead parking". Park here.
Directions to Box:
- Enter the trail at the Northshore Trailhead.
- After a short walk, you will reach a fork. Don't go left for the Sanders Mound trail, but continue straight on the Northshore Trail.
- After a few minutes, the trail will split again into blue and white trails. Stay to the right on the white trail.
- About 23 paces from the split, there will be a white trail marker up on a tree on your right and a thorny honey locust tree on your left.
- At this point face 135 degrees.
- You will see a cluster of small and medium-sized trees about 10 paces in front of you.
- Walk to this cluster of trees, over some large rocks scattered across the ground.
- The box is under a rock in the middle of this cluster of trees. Please hide it well under the rock when you are finished.