Clinton Lake #2 LbNA # 7705 (ARCHIVED)
|Placed Date||Apr 3 2004|
|Found By||Lali Lola|
|Last Found||Feb 19 2007|
08/10/2006: Maintenance performed.
Clinton Lake is a pretty Army Corps of Engineers lake in Western Lawrence, KS. You can find out more about Clinton Lake at this web site: http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/clinton/clinton_home.htm
This box is located on the "Nature's Way" aka "Children's Discovery" trail. The trail is located behind the Army Corps of Engineers visitors center at 872 N. 1402 Rd in Lawrence.
Difficulty: requires a 1/2 mile round trip walk on rocky, woodsy mulched trails.
Compass required: no
Directions to trailhead:
- Drive West on K-10 through Lawrence. It will turn into Clinton Parkway at US59.
- Turn right when Clinton Parkwayd dead-ends into E900 (about a mile west of Wakarusa).
- Turn left on N1402, and park at the visitor center.
Directions to box:
- Walk behind the visitor center to the trail entrance. A shortways down the path, you will go right for the Children's Discovery trail.
- Walk the trail until you get to signpost #10, which mentions bluebirds.
- While standing at the signpost, face 15 degrees.
- There is a medium-sized tree 9-10 steps ahead of you. The box is under a rock on the backside of this tree. (This may be a little bushy next summer.)