Clinton Lake #3 LbNA # 7706
|Placed Date||Apr 3 2004|
(7/2008: Sorry we're no longer to check or maintain our boxes. Check the latest status on LBNA prior to hunting it.)
08/10/2006: Maintenance performed.
Clinton Lake is a pretty Army Corps of Engineers lake in Western Lawrence, KS. You can find out more about Clinton Lake at this web site: http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/clinton/clinton_home.htm
This box is located on the Backwoods Trail. The trail is located behind the Army Corps of Engineers visitors center at 872 N. 1402 Rd in Lawrence. (Close to Clinton Lake #2)
Difficulty: requires a 1/4 mile round trip walk on rocky, woodsy mulched trails.
Compass required: Yes
Directions to trailhead:
- Drive West on K-10 through Lawrence. It will turn into Clinton Parkway at US59.
- Turn right when Clinton Parkway dead-ends into E900 (about a mile west of Wakarusa).
- Turn left on N1402, and park at the visitor center.
Directions to box:
- Walk behind the visitor center to the trail entrance. A shortways down the path, you will go leftfor
the Backwoods trail.
- At the map box, go to the left (trail exit).
- Walk the trail to signpost #14
- Walk 12 paces past this signpost (south) to the spot where there is a stone wall on your right and left.
- Turn to your left. The box is hidden at the far end of this short rock wall, under the very last rock.